Prices from £299.99 Prices from £189.99 Prices from £119.00 Prices from £149.00 Prices from £179.99 Prices from £259.00 Prices from £319.00 Prices from £249.99 Prices from £178.00 Prices from £149.95
Prices from £299.99
Prices from £189.99
Prices from £119.00
Prices from £149.00
Prices from £179.99
Prices from £259.00
Prices from £319.00
Prices from £249.99
Prices from £178.00
Prices from £149.95
The increased value of these rugs comes not only from their natural properties, but the time and skill involved in making them. An experienced weaver can tie approximately 10,000 knots in one day, and very detailed patterns require very dense knotting, which is why they take so much longer to make.
A hand knotted rug also has all the natural benefits of wool, because as well as looking good, they are a healthy, long-lasting alternative to synthetic rugs. Wool rugs are naturally flame retardant, anti-allergenic, easy-to-clean, and environmentally friendly.
There are a number of different ways you can use hand knotted wool rugs to enhance a room:
- To add warmth: a lovely rug underfoot can provided much-needed warmth on cold days, in bedrooms and in living areas.
- As a divider: large rooms can look imposing and uninviting, but the addition of a rug to break up the space adds colour and interest to the room.
- As a frame: use a rug to define specific areas in an open-plan space, like the dining area, or seating area.
- To add contrast: carpets can have intricate and colourful patterns which make a stunning contrast to plain walls and furniture. Bold monochromatic patterns also make a strong contrast with neutral decor.
- To add decoration: while rugs are traditionally used as a floor covering, they also work as a wall hanging, especially the hand knotted rugs, with complex designs.
- As a symbol of seasonal change: because rugs are not fixed to the floor, they are easily changed and can be part of a seasonal make-over when cushions, throws and rugs are all changed to a different colour scheme. It is an inexpensive way to change the look and feel of a room throughout the year, instead of redecorating.
As a general rule, try not to mix too many patterns, so contrast your rug and your furniture to have a positive impact when you walk in the room. Many of the rugs have detailed and intricate designs, or very bold colours, so it is important to match the rug with your current decor and furniture.
If you already have sofas with very bold patterns, it is advisable to choose a rug with less detail and more neutral colours. On the other hand, if your walls and furniture are the ones with neutral or plain colours, a rug with a bold pattern or vivid colours is just what you need to turn your room into a a design masterpiece.
A hand-knotted rug is a wonderful investment in your home, and it will undoubtedly be a talking point with all of your visitors. They make a fantastic centrepiece for any room, and the quality and durability of the rugs ensure that homeowners can enjoy them for many years to come.